Jigsaw Tessellators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jigsaw Tessellators

The forum home for the Puzzle Pirates flag 'Jigsaw Tessellators'

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elections for end August 2010

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sedna
Monarch
Monarch
sedna

Elections for end August 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Elections for end August 2010   Elections for end August 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:06 am

Ahoy mates! The flag has grown a lot but seems to be more or less stabilised lately, and we plan on doing many new things in September once holidays are over. On the other hand, I am moving at the end of this month, and may be without Internet for a couple weeks (hopefully less). Therefore, we are going to hold elections for a new democratically elected board of royals, that can take all these decisions with the manifest trust of the whole flag behind them, and function while I am not here. Yarrrr!

System for the royal elections as of right now:

Candidates. They must be decided internally by the crew and announced in the thread in "Announcements" by the candidate personally, with a short introduction, before Thursday 19th noon game time.

- All the active crews with 2+ SO+ members (that is, adding up SOs and/or Captain) and/or around 50+ members may have one or two.
- The rest of crews above established fame may have one.
- Crews which are not very active right now, if interested, may present the candidacy to the royals for individual consideration.
- Sum of Parts may have no candidates.

Voting process. Each crew above established fame would have two votes "per se", automatically. They can be for the same candidate, or two different ones. Less active crews right now have one vote. Besides that, several individual members of the flag would have voting right too (all meant for actual non-dormant/retired members):

* Monarch & Royals - one vote each.
* Captains of each crew - one vote each. Could be delegated to First Mate, or not given if chosen to. Only for crews above Rumored fame.
* Sum of Parts and their members have no votes, since they are all alts belonging to some other crew in flag.

Clearly enough, if someone had two of these roles (eg Captain and Royal), they would not have two votes, but one.

Right now this would mean:

* Livestrong: 2 + 2 (Jackisbac, Seanoo) = 4 votes
* Tales from the Deep: 2 + 2 (Ljamethyst, Sedna) =4 votes
* Thunderclan: 2 + 1 (Lambor or First Mate) = 3 votes
* Red Circle of fire: 2 + 1 (Miloux or First Mate) = 3 votes
* Freshly Ironed Underwear: 2 + 2 (Mercaidies, Cnoufesd) = 4
* Twisted Time: 2 + 1 (Cptkiddr or First Mate) = 3 votes
* Thursday the Twelfth: 2 + 1 (Vexorcist or First Mate) = 3 votes
* Black Foragers: 2 votes (Pokerplayaz and Widewind)
* Alpha Beta: 1 + 1 (Hollywood or First Mate) = 2 votes
* Nine Inch Sails: 1 vote (Captain is inactive, has one vote if coming back during this week)
* Poison Dagger: 1 vote (Captain is inactive, has one vote if coming back during this week)
* Calamitous Intent: 1 vote (Rumored- fame)
* Devil's Children: 1 vote (Captain is inactive, has one vote if coming back during this week)
* Wonderfull Pirates: 1 vote (Captain is inactive, has one vote if coming back during this week)
* Tigers from Egypt - 1 vote (Captain is inactive, has one vote if coming back during this week)
* The Red Devils : 1 vote (Captain is inactive, has one vote if coming back during this week)
* Dark Sky: 1 vote (Captain is inactive, has one vote if coming back during this week)

TOTAL 35 votes max

Comments

1. As the inherent concept of the words "democracy" and "elections" transfer, no one can be granted royals, but right to forward candidates and to vote, in some proportion to number of members and/or fame. The royals are voted and elected or not. Please do come to me with any concerns or issues you have about this. Thanks.

2. I suggest each crew manages internally their votes as they please. Either they make one group-agreed-on vote (or the crew trusts such a decision on the Captain's or someone else's), and the others are individually taken by the persons with individual right to vote; or they decide as a group on each one of all the votes corresponding to them.

3. It was self-obvious to me, but apparently not to other players. Probably because it was imbued into me from previous experience. A crew cannot vote for their own candidates. We will be voting with PMs this time. PM Sedna with the votes of your crew (for example, crew "Dummies" has right to 3 votes and votes for candidates "Zombie", "Skellie" and "Gorgonyx"). The candidates will be announced on Thursday 19th shortly after noon game time.

4. A crew can choose to use their votes as they please, at least for this time. All for one sole candidate, or all for different ones (maybe fairer?). Votes will be given before Sunday 22nd noon game time. The new board of royals will be announced immediately after, with some partying to go with it!

5. I do hope no one is annoyed if, after the elections, I run a bit of a survey and talk to each Captain to know how these issues were dealt with in their crews, and what advantages and disadvantages the system had; this would be highly useful to prepare something similar but improved, or different if it proved useless, with much more time, for the next elections.
Back to top Go down

Elections for end August 2010
Page 1 of 1